Spay/Neuter Assistance Programs:
When purchasing a voucher, ask about their policies, including refund criteria. When making an appointment with a veterinarian, make sure there will be no additional charges or requirements except those expressly requested or approved by you. Avoid unexpected bills on surgery day. Questions or concerns? e-mail us at [email protected].
NATIONWIDE: Call SpayUSA toll free 1-800-248-7729 (Monday-Friday 9am-4:30pm) to speak with a counselor regarding vouchers accepted by veterinarians in your area.
Search for spay/neuter programs throughout Florida: www.spayneuterpets.com
* CONTACT SpayFlorida toll free 1-888-772-9352 or visit www.spayflorida.org to locate spay/neuter programs throughout Florida.
NORTH CENTRAL FLORIDA:
* North Florida PAWS: Vouchers are no longer available; however, we have opened our low-cost spay/neuter clinic. See details on Home Page.
* SUWANNEE COUNTY Animal Services south of Live Oak on Hwy 129 has a grant to issue spay/neuter vouchers to residents of Suwannee County for a small copayment. Call 386-208-0072.
* Alachua County Humane Society sells vouchers for cats ($40) and dogs ($60 under 60 pounds or $65 over 60 pounds). Non-residents of Alachua County may purchase vouchers if they are members for a $25 membership fee. If you have several pets, this is especially helpful. Call 352-373-5855 in Gainesville. Call toll free 1-888-772-9352 (1-888-SPAYFLA) or CLICK HERE for information on FREE SPAY/NEUTER for certain Alachua County residents and FERAL CATS (Operation Catnip at the University of Florida).
* Do you live in or near GILCHRIST County? Contact "4 Pets Sake, Inc." regarding their subsidized spay/neuter program: toll free 1-866-727-2972, local 935-0975, or e-mail [email protected].
* JACKSONVILLE/Duval County and surroundng communities Spay/Neuter Assistance Programs for low- and middle-income pet owners (includes Duval, Nassau, Clay, St. Johns, and Baker County): Call local 425-0005 or out-of-area toll free 1-888-772-9352.
* CLAY COUNTY Humane Society's Animal Clinic in Orange Park is open to everyone. Go to http://clayhumane.org/animalclinic.html for details or call 904-276-7729.
Need more assistance? Consider the following:
1. Call all the Vets in your area for prices (comparison shopping will save you money).
2. Ask the Vet if he/she will let you make two or more payments.
3. Look into CareCredit's no interest payment plans 1-800-365-8295 or similar plans. As with all credit plans, be sure you can afford to repay these credit card type loans.
3. If your pet is young and healthy, consider declining the optional labwork (can save about $30 on the surgery).
4. A Rabies vaccination is the only preventive shot or medication mandated by Florida law for pet owners. Although we highly recommend other vaccinations, they are not legally required.
The North Florida ANIMAL ALLIANCE is an informal alliance of animal welfare organizations and individuals whose mission is to reduce, and eventually end, the euthanasia of unwanted pet animals in our communities and to promote the humane treatment of all animals. Current Partners are North Florida PAWS, Inc., Safe Haven Animal Rescue, Suwannee Valley Humane Society Inc., Live Oak Animal Services, Suwannee County Animal Shelter, Madison County Animal Services, Meow House Inc., Neighbors Equine Assistance Team, 4 Pets Sake Inc., and Critter Care Farm Animal Sanctuary.
FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY: We have SNiP puppies for adoption! If you or anyone you know has an organization or company willing to sell these puppies for an adoption fee of $2.00, please contact us at [email protected].